Jeep Recon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

With the Recon coming soon I imagine it's going to attract both existing Jeep owners along with people who are new to Jeeps.

If you currently own a Jeep or have owned them in the past share them here. If you haven't owned a Jeep before share what convinced you to get the Recon as your first one.

For me, my Jeep list isn't long. I currently drive a 2016 Grand Cherokee and the only other Jeep I owned was a 2004 TJ that I absolutely adored. It'll be great to be able to take the doors and roof off again.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'97 Jeep TJ
'17 Jeep JK
Ford Bronco on order

Here's the thing... I am a convertible kind of guy. But I am 53, a big guy, and had knee surgery last year. I've had my share of sporty little convertibles, but getting into a car that's 6 inches off the ground is no longer for me. I don't really go off-roading, except for a little creek bed in the mountains of West Virginia, and that's rare. A push button top in a vehicle that sits up high, has a sporty feel, hopefully with lots of interior space and a luxurious interior and a smooth ride? Oh yeah, I am all about that. The EV thing is a big bonus. I am not used to saving on gas... I won't know how to handle it. lol

The Bronco may be a holdover for me, since you can take the t-tops (hard top) out pretty quick and easy, and it's IFS so the ride should be a lot better than the Jeeps I am used to. So I'll have to decide at some point if I want the Bronco or the Recon. Leaning towards the Recon, although I like the looks of the Bronco a little better.

View attachment 13
Great look Jeeps @bek! Welcome to the forum! How long have you had both of them for?

Sounds like the Recon should tick a lot of your boxes. Especially the space and the ride quality. Which Bronco model do you have on order?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts